mctclover

Nadia Lee
Progress: 10 %
The Submission
Amy Waldman
Roadside Crosses: A Kathryn Dance Novel (Kathryn Dance Novels)
Jeffery Deaver
I am Jewish: Personal Reflections Inspired by the Last Words of Daniel Pearl
Judea Pearl, Ruth Pearl
The Time Traveler's Wife
Audrey Niffenegger
Guns and the Girl Next Door - HelenKay Dimon In general, Intrigues aren't my favorite . But I like the way that Dimon writes them. Her Intrigue heroes are always flawed, and always learn to rely on the strength of their heroines. This book was as much about a team working together and dealing with strengths and weaknesses of their own and each other, as it was about the romance.

Having said that, both Holden and Mia come to rely on each other and it grows slowly from a sexual to a very intimate thing. Although Mia began with the emotional need of needing to feel clean, they were both surprised with the intensity of feeling that struck. They were torn between embracing it and fighting it, since it brought out both their vulnerabilities.

Their HEA was an assured thing - after all this is a Harlequin, but I liked that Dimon went out of her way to show how safe and good Mia made Holden feel as well as the other way around. It built more believability into their quick fall into love.

I found it hard to believe that there would be no fallout from the death at the end, and so assume that Trevor will make an appearance in the next book as the team continues their hunt for their boss.

Another strong book from Dimon, with a messy hero and the heroine he relies on for so much.