mctclover

Nadia Lee
Progress: 10 %
The Submission
Amy Waldman
Roadside Crosses: A Kathryn Dance Novel (Kathryn Dance Novels)
Jeffery Deaver
I am Jewish: Personal Reflections Inspired by the Last Words of Daniel Pearl
Judea Pearl, Ruth Pearl
The Time Traveler's Wife
Audrey Niffenegger
Going Down (Holding Out for A Hero, #1) - Shelli Stevens 3.5 stars. I enjoyed this book. I liked Tyson, his afmily, and the small town feel of the book. I had a moment's pause early on where it felt as though Tyson was using his position as sheriff to impose sex on Ellie, but I did'nt see it again and that particular scene didn't play out that way either.

My biggest complaint with the book was that they became engaged after about 2 weeks. It was awfully fast (although my own parents became engaged after 1 week, so I don't understand my issue with this, but there it is).

But I did feel the connection, and felt Ellie begin to create relationships around town, do I let it all go for the most part. Tyson was really engaging, and Ellie was justified in her secrecy, given the short time frame of the book.

I think much of my problem is with the short format. I don't read a lot of novellas, mostly because I want the long drawn out build up to a relationship. But boy howdy, am I looking forward to Tyson's brothers' stories. Even if they're also novellas.