mctclover

Nadia Lee
Progress: 10 %
The Submission
Amy Waldman
Roadside Crosses: A Kathryn Dance Novel (Kathryn Dance Novels)
Jeffery Deaver
I am Jewish: Personal Reflections Inspired by the Last Words of Daniel Pearl
Judea Pearl, Ruth Pearl
The Time Traveler's Wife
Audrey Niffenegger

Finding Her Dad (Harlequin Super Romance)

Finding Her Dad (Harlequin Super Romance) - Janice Kay Johnson 3.5 stars.
I love Janice Kay Johnson's writing. Plus the HSR line always delivers strong, heartwrenching stories.

I thought this was a great premise, and I liked all the characters. I liked that Jon recognized he was being hypocritical and he disliked that he put the campaign lens on everything. However, I thought that, even given his background, he went too far when Lucy's mother was released from prison.

I really liked watching the romance unfold between Jon and Lucy - how they were each wary but opened themselves up to the possibilities and to each other.

I thought Sierra was fantastic, and I also liked how Lucy stood up for herself when confronted, and how she stood up for Sierra. I would have liked to have seen Jon grovel a bit more at the end, but I did get the heart clench several times while reading, which tells me I was totally invested in the story.

This gets 3.5 instead of 4 because I really, really wanted a bigger grovel. Rather than acknowledging to himself he'd been an asshole, Jon should have said it to Lucy.