mctclover

Nadia Lee
Progress: 10 %
The Submission
Amy Waldman
Roadside Crosses: A Kathryn Dance Novel (Kathryn Dance Novels)
Jeffery Deaver
I am Jewish: Personal Reflections Inspired by the Last Words of Daniel Pearl
Judea Pearl, Ruth Pearl
The Time Traveler's Wife
Audrey Niffenegger
Corralled - Lorelei James This book addresses one of my big questions with all the MFM books I read where there is no jealousy, no competition, no hard feelings.

Lainie has been seeing both Hank amd Kyle and when she's caught, the guys suggest they embark on a threesome, a new concept for all of them. While they put it to Lainie that they don't want her to have to choose, and neither one is ready to give her up, in reality both men are vying for her affection amd to be the one she chooses in the end. That was where I felt the book was strongest: in the jealous rivalry between the men as they fight to maintain their close friendship as well as in the one on one interactions where Lainie and the guys just talk.

Because this isn't a permanent menage story, Lainie must choose someone. When the time comes, it kind of slips in subtlely, and both lainie and the one not chosen both recognize it. A scary event forces Lainie to come to terms with her past.

I liked all three characters as well as lainie's best friend and Hank's siblings, and imagine that they'll get their own stories. I thought the menage scenes seemed a bit forced, but I imagine that they were meant to, since although it was consensual, it was never intended to be anything other than a vehicle for Lainie to get to know the guys and make a choice.

I'm looking forward to the next one.